No words can describe how much I love Asian cuisine. Therefore vegan Singapore tofu noodles are my go-to recipe then I crave Asian culture-inspired food. Rich in flavor, yet quick and easy to make. It is the best combo when it comes to cooking, right?!
I’m sure we all miss traveling at the moment. I get you- navigating between the living room and kitchen might be a bit boring. But did you know that cooking can also be a way of traveling? It is a great opportunity to get to know the culture by cooking its food. So, when the time comes up you can dig into exploring surroundings’, and not worrying about that food to choose!
It can seem that cooking Asian food is really difficult. But actually, it’s not. This vegan Singapore tofu noodles recipe is the perfect solution for a quick and tasty mid-week dinner. Even though a recipe mostly is made with meat or fish, tofu is a great alternative for a plant-based version, without compromising on taste. Whether you are a vegan person or just wanna skip meat once in a while, I’m sure you gonna love it.
Vegan Singapore tofu noodles
- Wok pan
- 180 g plain firm tofu
- 130 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 medium red pepper
- 150 g mangetout
- 1/2 small white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 limes juiced
- 12 g grated ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 8 tbsp sezame oil
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Chop red pepper and onion.
- Peel garlic.
- In a pan heat 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Add tofu and half of curry powder, and fry until tofu becomes crispy on the outside.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Boil some water and prepare the noodles. (Put inside a bowl, cover with hot water, and keep for 10 minutes until softens)
- Add the remaining sesame oil to the pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger, and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Put red pepper and mangetout into the pan.
- Fry until softens, and add the tofu back.
- Add coconut sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice. Mix it well.
- Put the vermicelli noodles into the pan.
- Add turmeric powder and remaining curry powder, and stir it well.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve it with a wedge of lime.