Creamy beetroot soup with orange and a hint of ginger sure is a crowd-pleaser. If you think that vegetables and fruits do not go well together, then you should definitely make it and prove yourself wrong.
Then you think of it, soups are so easy to make it, and it is full of delicious flavor and nutrients. Yet, for some reason, I barely make it. But this tasty and creamy beetroot and orange soup are about to fix it! It is terrific that a few simple ingredients thrown together can do. I know that some people are not a fan of earthy beetroot flavor. However, in this delicious recipe, orange and ginger play their part so well that you can not really feel it.
So why don’t you make it and see it yourself? You can find a recipe inside the recipe card below and if you need help with converting cups to milliliters, check here.
Creamy beetroot and orange soup
- Food blender, cooking pot and hand blender (stick blender)
- 400 g cooked beetroot
- 0.5 l vegetable stock
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 big or 3 mediumn oranges)
- 1/2 small onion
- 15 g ginger (grated)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 120 ml coconut cream
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- more coconut cream or micro greens to garnish
- Preheat the oven up to 190 degrees Celcius with a fan function (Upper and lower heat)
- Wash beetroots and wrap with foil. Put inside the oven and bake for around 1 hour 10minutes
- Once cooked, allow it to cool down a bit before peeling it off.
- In the meantime peel onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and grate the ginger.
- Heat some olive oil inside the cooking pot and transfer onion, garlic, and ginger to it.
- Fry it for a couple of minutes until softens.
- Add vegetable stock inside the pot.
- Put cooked beetroot and fresh orange juice to the food blender and mix it together.
- Transfer to the cooking pot, add all the spices, and allow it to boil.
- Stir in coconut cream and mix it well.
- Put a hand blender directly inside the pot and blend the soup together. WARNING: be carefull with a hot liquid!
- Simmer the soup for couple more minutes before serving.
- Garnish with more coconut cream and microgreens.
Not a soup enthusiast, but you love beetroot? Check the recipes from other amazing food bloggers:
Beautiful red velvet cupcakes by Choosingchia.
Delicious beetroot risotto by Lazycatkitchen.
Healthy and earthy salad by Minimalistbaker.