Blue spirulina chia pudding does not only look fancy but also has a lot of nutritious benefits to your body. A quick breakfast recipe that is done in less than 5 minutes. But also has a lot of vitamins and minerals. Sounds perfect, right? Make it ahead and store it in the fridge for 3 days. There are no more excuses to skip breakfast!
What is Blue Spirulina?
Blue Spirulina is blue-green algae that grow in various sources of water, such as ponds or lakes. Phycocyanin is a blue pigment derived from spirulina which gives the algae its dark blue pigment when it has been extracted. Opposite to green spirulina, the blue spirulina doesn’t have that “fishy” aftertaste.
The benefits of Blue Spirulina
Spirulina is one of the most popular world’s supplements. It is full of various nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit your body:
- is extremely high in many nutrients: protein, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, copper, and iron
- is a powerful antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties
- can lower the “bad” cholesterol (LDL) while raising the “good” cholesterol (HDL)
- may have anti-cancer properties
- may reduce blood pressure
- might effective against Anemia
- may endure muscle strength
- might aid blood sugar control
- may boost the immune system
I think all these properties are just enough reasons to include blue spirulina into your daily routine.
Not sure how to use it? Well, add it to your smoothies, pancakes, waffles, porridge, or energy balls. Or you can make this delicious blue spirulina chia pudding.
Blue spirulina chia pudding
- Food blender
- 1 tbsp blue spirulina powder
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk yoghurt
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (soy, coconut, etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut yoghurt, plant milk, agave or maple syrup, vanilla extract and blue spirulina powder to the food blender.
- Mix until all conbined.
- Transfer into the food container and add chia seeds.
- Mix it well and put into the fridge for couple of hours.
- Divide into two glasses and top with the remaining coconut yoghurt.
- can serve with banana, berries, or other fruits.
Resource for more information on nutritional benefits and reference.